Pushing trialling customers to ChartMogul enables you to track metrics such as Leads and Trial to paid conversion rates alongside your subscription metrics. Zapier allows you to automatically send leads to ChartMogul when they are created in your CRM or billing system.
This article will demonstrate how to import new trialling accounts from HubSpot.
This zap will require multiple actions and may be considered a premium zap and will therefore not be available to use on a free Zapier account.
1. In Zapier, click Make a Zap.
2. Select HubSpot as your trigger app, then click New Contact as the trigger. You may need to connect your Hubspot account to Zapier if you haven't already done this.
3. Select Formatter by Zapier as your first action app, then click Date/Time as the action.
4. In the Formatter by Zapier template, enter the following details:
- For Transform please select Format
- When the field 'Values' becomes available, please select Became a lead date
- For To Format please select YYYY-MM-DD (2006-01-22)
- For From Format please select X (1137971045)
- You can leave UTC as default for both timezones
5. Select Webhooks by Zapier as your action app, then click POST as the action.
6. In the Webhooks by Zapier template, enter the following details:
- The URL should be https://api.chartmogul.com/v1/import/customers
- The Payload Type should be json
- The Data fields should have the following values:
- For the field labelled 'Free_trial_started_at' please choose the formatted date field in Step 2 that best suits your needs. This can include custom fields you have created as long as the value is a date. However, you may need to add an additional action with the Formatter by Zapier app to format any additional dates you would like to use.
- In the data_source_uuid field, you will need to enter an Import API data source UUID. You can create a ChartMogul Import API data source by navigating to ChartMogul > Admin > Data Load, and clicking Add data source. Once you have created an Import API data source, copy the data source UUID provided and paste it into the data_source_uuid field in the Webhooks by Zapier template.
- You can leave the Wrap Request In Array, File, and Unflatten fields as the default values.
- In the Basic Auth field, enter your ChartMogul API Token and Secret Key separated by a pipe (|). For example, if your API Token was '123' and your API Secret Key was '456' you would enter 123|456 in this field. You can find your API Token and Secret Key in ChartMogul > Admin > API.
- In the Headers field enter Content-Type as the key and application/json as the value.
7. Click Test this Step to ensure that the Zap will import new leads and trial HubSpot accounts into your ChartMogul account. You should see the following success message:
8. Name the Zap and click Turn on Zap.
We'd love to hear how you use Zapier to automate integrations with ChartMogul. Please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd like to share feedback and ideas for integrations.