Pushing lead and trial data to ChartMogul from your customer relationship management (CRM) software enables you to track metrics such as Leads and Trial-to-Paid Conversion Rate. Use Zapier to automatically send leads and trials to ChartMogul from HubSpot.
Here's what we cover in this article:
Resources and further reading:
- Setting up trial-to-paid conversion rate and lead tracking
- Integrating ChartMogul with other apps using Zapier
- Does ChartMogul display non-paying trial customers?
Before you begin
- Set up the Zapier integration with HubSpot.
- Create a new read & write API key.
- Decide which source you'll use to import leads and trials from HubSpot.
Step 1 — Set up a trigger
- Login to Zapier and click + Create Zap.
- Choose HubSpot as your trigger app, and select New Contact as the Trigger Event. Click Continue.
- Select your HubSpot account and click Continue.
- Confirm the properties you'd like to retrieve with the trigger and click Continue.
Step 2 — Set up Formatter by Zapier
- Choose Formatter by Zapier as your app, and select Date / Time as the event. Click Continue.
- Within Set up action enter the following details, then click Continue:
- Transform — select Format
- Values — select Created At as the input
- To Format — select YYYY-MM-DD (2006-01-22)
- To Timezone — UTC (default)
- From Format — select X (1137971045)
- From Timezone — UTC (default)
Click Continue. If successful, a date/time transform will be sent to Formatter by Zapier.
Step 3 — Create a customer in ChartMogul
- Click + to add an action. Choose ChartMogul as your app, and select Create a Customer as the Action event. Click Continue.
- To set up the action, enter the following details:
- Source UUID — find your UUID by navigating to Data Platform > Sources and clicking the Settings icon for the source you want to use.
- Customer Name — Contact information: First Name, Contact information: Last Name
- External ID — Contact information: Email
- Customer Email — Contact information: Email
- Lead Created at — Created At
- Free Trial Started at — Created At, or choose the formatted date field that best suits your needs. This can include custom fields you've created as long as the value is a date. To format any additional dates you would like to use, you may need to add an additional action using the Formatter by Zapier app.
- Then, test the action.
- If the test is successful, click Turn on Zap. The Zap will import new leads and trial HubSpot accounts into ChartMogul.
We'd love to hear how you use Zapier. Contact us to share feedback and ideas for integrations.