Connecting your Zuora account
1. Create a read-only API user in your Zuora account following these instructions on their support site.
2. In your ChartMogul account, go to Admin > Data sources , click on the New Data Source link at the top and choose Zuora as the system.
3. Enter the username and password for the API user that you created in step 1, and the Tenant ID of your Zuora account (found here).
4. Choose whether you want to include usage-based charges in subscription revenue, and whether or not to import customer accounts that are marked Cancelled in Zuora.
5. Finally, click IMPORT DATA to start the import from Zuora. The import can take some time but it's progress will be displayed on the same page.
Re-Syncing your data
Your ChartMogul account will automatically update about once an hour with new activity from your Zuora account. You can also manually re-sync all Zuora data to your ChartMogul account if you wish. To re-sync your Zuora data with ChartMogul, navigate to the Zuora data source and click IMPORT DATA again. This will completely remove and re-import all your Zuora data into your ChartMogul account.
What you need to know:
- Zuora's RatePlanCharge objects are used to generate Subscription Plan objects in ChartMogul. A subscription in Zuora with several rate plan charges will be represented as several subscriptions in ChartMogul - one ChartMogul subscription for each Zuora rate plan charge.
- A subscription must have invoices raised against it, for ChartMogul to calculate its MRR. If no invoices are raised, then the customer will be reported as a Lead and will have no MRR reported in ChartMogul.
- ChartMogul currently does not support Zuora's Suspend a Subscription feature. Active subscriptions can only be cancelled in ChartMogul.
- You can choose to have usage-based charges reported as recurring or non-recurring revenue before initiating the data import. The default behavior is to have usage-based charges reported as non-recurring revenue.
- Custom fields on Zuora's Customer Accounts are imported and added as custom fields to customers in ChartMogul for use with our segmentation features.
- Zuora's decimal quantities are rounded to integer quantities in ChartMogul.
- Zuora Invoices that are Cancelled are ignored.
- If a Zuora invoice is deleted ChartMogul won't reflect it until a full re-sync is run.
- When a Zuora Customer Account is imported into ChartMogul, the contact information imported is the BillTo contact information from Zuora.
- If a customer has only One Time charges, they will have the status Lead in ChartMogul. Learn more about customer statuses in ChartMogul.
- We currently only support one method of managing free trials in Zuora, as described in Example 1 in this Zuora support article.
- "Subscription Term" billing period is currently not supported.
- Invoice Item Adjustments and Invoice Adjustments in Zuora impact MRR in ChartMogul.
- Invoice Item Adjustments impact the item that they are applied to. Invoice Adjustments are applied using a weighted distribution method to all items in the invoice.
- Partial payment and refunds are not yet supported. This only affects cashflow reports and revenue recognition features in ChartMogul.
- If the billing cycle of any your customers is different from their subscription plan service cycle, then ChartMogul's reports will be incorrect for those customers.