Connecting your Zuora account
- Create a read-only API user in your Zuora account following these instructions on their support site.
- Go to https://zuora.chartmogul.com/. You will be asked to log into your Zuora account. Enter your Zuora Tenant ID (found here), and the username and password for the API user that you created in the previous step.
3. Enter your ChartMogul credentials further down in the form:
- Your ChartMogul API token and secret be can found at https://app.chartmogul.com/#admin/api.
- If you do not have a ChartMogul account yet, you can sign up for free at https://app.chartmogul.com/users/sign_up .
3. Finally, click IMPORT DATA to start the import from Zuora. The import can take some time. The data will be imported under a data source named Zuora in your ChartMogul account.
Re-Syncing your data
Your ChartMogul account will automatically update about once an hour with new activity from your Zuora account. You can also manually re-sync all Zuora data to your ChartMogul account if you wish. To re-sync your Zuora data with ChartMogul, navigate to https://zuora.chartmogul.com in the same browser that you used to set up the Zuora integration, and click RE-SYNC. This will completely remove and re-import all your Zuora data into your ChartMogul account.
This integration is currently in beta. Please let us know if you have any questions or feedback when using it. We are here to help!
What you need to know:
- Zuora's ProductRatePlanCharge objects are used to generate Subscription Plan objects in ChartMogul. A subscription in Zuora with several product rate plan charges will be represented as several subscriptions in ChartMogul - one ChartMogul subscription for each Zuora rate plan charge.
- A subscription must have invoices raised against it, for ChartMogul to calculate its MRR. If no invoices are raised, then the customer will be reported as a Lead and will have no MRR reported in ChartMogul.
- You can choose to have usage-based charges reported as recurring or non-recurring revenue before initiating the data import. The default behavior is to have usage-based charges reported as non-recurring revenue.
- Custom fields on Zuora's Customer Accounts are imported and added as custom fields to customers in ChartMogul for use with our segmentation features.
- Zuora's decimal quantities are rounded to integer quantities in ChartMogul.
- Zuora Invoices that are Cancelled are ignored.
- If a Zuora invoice is deleted ChartMogul won't reflect it until a full re-sync is run.
- Updates to customer's data like name and contact details are currently not reflected in ChartMogul in real-time. A full re-sync will reflect such changes.
- When a Zuora Customer Account is imported into ChartMogul, the contact information imported is the BillTo contact information from Zuora.
- If a customer has only One Time charges, they will have the status Lead in ChartMogul. Learn more about customer statuses in ChartMogul.
- We currently only support one method of managing free trials in Zuora, as described in Example 1 in this Zuora support article.
- "Subscription Term" billing period is currently not supported.
- Invoice Item Adjustments and Invoice Adjustments in Zuora impact MRR in ChartMogul.
- Invoice Item Adjustments impact the item that they are applied to. Invoice Adjustments are applied using a weighted distribution method to all items in the invoice.
- Partial payment and refunds are not yet implemented. This only affects cashflow reports in ChartMogul.