MRR data editing enables you to connect customer subscriptions and manually edit MRR to make sure your data provides an accurate reflection of your history with each customer.
Why would I need to edit my data manually?
If you moved between billing systems, ChartMogul will visualize this data as two separate subscriptions. MRR data editing allows you to connect those subscriptions to remove the false churn/contraction originating from the customer deactivating in one billing system and activating in another.
Another use case is messy billing data coming through from your billing system. Manual MRR editing allows you to change movements that have originated from incorrect billing data.
Using the manual data editing tools
You can find the Manual data editing tools on a customers profile page towards the bottom as part of the Monthly Recurring Revenue (MRR) chart. You can see the buttons to EDIT MRR and to CONNECT SUBSCRIPTIONS on the right-hand side.
To zoom into a portion of the graph you can click and drag.
A double-click on the graph or clicking on Reset Zoom takes you back to default zoom level.
To connect subscriptions:
- Click on Connect Subscriptions.
- Select two or more subscriptions and click on Connect. The most recent active subscription will become the primary subscription.
After connecting subscriptions, you can toggle the primary one from the subscriptions list to reveal the ones connected to it.
- You can revert any changes that have been made by clicking on Disconnect Subscriptions at the top right.
What you need to know
- When connecting subscriptions, at least one needs to have been cancelled.
- When there is a space between two subscriptions that get connected, we will automatically smooth out the gap. (see below)
- A subscription connected to the primary subscription that starts before the primary subscription, will count towards the MRR.
- From the start of the primary subscription, movements and the MRR from all connected subscriptions will be ignored.
To edit an MRR movement:
- Click on Edit MRR.
- Select the red handle on a movement and move it up or down to the appropriate MRR value. You can also input an exact MRR value into the box on the bottom right.
- Click on Save changes to apply the modification.
- The graph will automatically reload when the changes have been applied.
This MRR chart shows the evolution of the customer’s MRR over time, along with the contribution from each subscription that the customer has.
- There currently isn't a way to remove a data edit. However, you can change the MRR to the old or any other value.
- There currently are no logs available that show the edits that have been made. We are planning to add logs to the UI in the future.