For added security when using Braintree we recommend taking these steps to only grant ChartMogul read access to certain parts of your Braintree account.
- Login as admin to your Braintree account and go to Settings > Users and Roles > Manage Roles > New.
- Give the role a name like "Read only".
- Uncheck all permissions except:
- Download Transactions with Masked Payment Data
- Download Vault Records with Masked Payment Data
- Download Subscription Records
- Give the user API Access
- Assign the read only role you previously created
- Assign access to the merchant accounts (usually all of them).
Here are the rights you need to grant your Braintree user in order for ChartMogul to work: