Adding a data source
- In your ChartMogul account, head to Admin > Data Sources.
- Click on New data source.
- In the dialogue that opens, enter a name for your connection into the Name field.
- Click on the System drop down menu and select Braintree.
- Click on Next to continue.
- Go to your Braintree Control Panel and from Account in the top menu, select API Keys.
- Select your Environment in ChartMogul (either Sandbox or Production), copy and paste your Public and Private API keys and your Merchant ID into the relevant fields in your ChartMogul account.
- Click on Save.
Add a webhook to enable real-time reporting
- Go to your Braintree Control Panel and from Settings in the top menu, select Webhooks.
- Click New Webhook, then paste your ChartMogul webhook URL in the input field.
- Select the following options and then click Save.
Import your historic data
Click on Import Data. This will start your data import and connect the Braintree webhook to your ChartMogul account.
The import can take some time if you have many customers. You'll receive an email when it's complete. Once complete, you’ll see your Braintree data in the ChartMogul dashboard. ChartMogul will update automatically with any new activity from your Braintree account using the webhook after the import is complete. All webhooks received while the import is in progress will be queued up and processed after the import has been completed.