To fully erase your data from ChartMogul, delete your data source.
It's important to note that deleting your data source cannot be undone and will remove all data associated with this source including:
- Customers, plans and invoices
- Custom attributes and tags
- Merged customers and manual data edits
If your data was imported through a supported billing system, you may not need to remove your data source. Many billing systems have a re-import or sync button within their settings that will reset their billing data without having to first delete anything.
Custom attributes, tags, merged customers and manual data edits will be retained in the event that you re-sync your data rather than deleting your data source and setting up a new billing system.
Erasing your data
You can remove internal test data by heading to Data Platform > Data Source and click on your data system e.g. ImportAPI and click on the "Delete this data source" button.
Re-importing your data
- Navigate to Data Platform > Data Sources.
- Add a data source by clicking Add a data source.
- Select the billing system or data source.
- Once you select your data source type, enter a name for your data source and click Next.
You would need to select your billing system and follow the appropriate steps outlined in the dashboard.
Please note that imports can take anywhere from minutes to several hours depending on the number of customers and invoices you have stored in your billing system. You will receive an email when the import is complete.
Resyncing your data without deleting manual edits
Stripe, Recurly, Braintree, Chargify, Paypal
To re-sync the data in your ChartMogul account, go to the list of data sources, then click on your data source - e.g. Stripe and click on Re-sync Data or import button. This will do a fresh import from your billing system into your ChartMogul account.
If there is no import or sync button available in your data source, you will need to delete your data source and set it back up using the appropriate steps outlined in the integration guides. Using this method, all custom attributes, tags, merged customers and manual data edits will be lost.
Manually added customers (Google Sheets, ChartMogul UI)
- If your data was imported using the Google Sheets App and you need to remove and re-import your data, you will need to first delete your Google Sheets data source and then re-import the data using the app.
- If you created customers through the user interface, you can delete them individually by navigating to a customer's page in ChartMogul and clicking Delete.
If you need further assistance, please contact support.