ChartMogul offers five user roles: Lite, Read-only, Staff, Admin, and Owner. Here’s an overview of each role:
- Lite users have access to view all charts and chart data and can create saved charts for personal use. They cannot see any personally identifiable customer information or export any data.
- Read-only users can export data to CSV and customize their own account. This role is for anyone at your organization who you want to be able to view metrics and customer information.
- Staff can make account changes that impact other users, including creating saved charts for the entire team, creating read & write API keys, viewing and managing plans, and adding, editing, and deleting customers. This role is for anyone who needs to customize ChartMogul for your entire organization or manage sales activities using ChartMogul CRM.
- Admins can import billing data, make all account changes, as well as add or update other users. This role is for anyone at your organization who you want to be able to make all account changes and updates (except for account billing details and history) or manage sales activities using ChartMogul CRM.
- Owners are the only users who can access account billing details and history.
Watch a video about adding users in ChartMogul:
Here’s what we cover in this article:
- Subscription analytics permissions
- CRM permissions
- Managing users
- Changing the ownership of your ChartMogul account
Subscription analytics permissions
You’ll need to have a seat to access ChartMogul CRM features. ChartMogul allows CRM seats to be assigned to Owner, Admin, or Staff users. Learn more about managing CRM seats.
|Purchase CRM seats
|Manage CRM seats
|Connect an email account
|Create an email signature
|Create and edit email templates
|Add and remove blocklist items
|Add, edit, and delete sales pipelines
|Create, edit, and delete opportunities
|View, create, save, and edit opportunity lists
|Manage custom attributes for opportunities
|Create and manage tasks
|Be assigned as a customer owner
|Be assigned as an opportunity owner
|Log calls in customer records
|View CRM reports
Only Admins and Owners can add, update, and deactivate users. It’s best practice to grant Admin privileges to more than one ChartMogul user.
View and manage users by navigating to Admin > Users.
There, you’ll find the Users table with the following details:
- Name — The user’s name.
- Email — The user’s account email address.
- User Role — The user’s role.
- 2FA — The user’s two-factor authentication status, either On or Off. Learn more about two-factor authentication.
- CRM Seat — The user’s seat status, either On or Off. Learn more about managing CRM seats.
To add a user, select Invite Users. Next, enter the user's name and email address, select a role, and click SEND INVITES.
To update a user's role or notification settings, select the user you would like to update, and select the user's new role. Lastly, click UPDATE.
To deactivate a user, click the Deactivate User icon. Click OK to confirm the deactivation.
ChartMogul adds the user to the Deactivated tab and logs them out immediately.
ChartMogul retains the following data:
- The user’s name when filtering by Owner
- Shared saved charts, customer lists, and opportunity lists
- Opportunities and customers assigned to the user as owner
- Notes, call logs, and tasks created by the user
- The user’s emails
ChartMogul makes the following changes when a user is deactivated:
- Deletes their personal saved charts, customer lists, and opportunity lists
- Disconnects their email account
- Removes their API keys
- Stops sending the user in-app notifications, email notifications, or emails configured as part of a destination
- Prevents the user from being assigned as a customer owner
To anonymize deactivated users in your ChartMogul account, locate the user in the Deactivated table. Select the user to edit their details. Update the user’s name and email, and click Update.
To reactivate a user, navigate to the Deactivated tab and click Reactivate. Click OK to confirm the reactivation.
ChartMogul will send an email inviting the user to join your company’s account.
Changing the ownership of your ChartMogul account
Owners can transfer ownership of the account to any other Admin by navigating to Admin and clicking Make Owner in the Users table.