Integrate Mailchimp with ChartMogul to analyze your email communication with customers alongside your subscription metrics.
For example, determine whether to adjust your newsletter content and communication. When a customer unsubscribes from a newsletter in Mailchimp, push this information to ChartMogul using custom attributes. Then, analyze how many customers are unsubscribing and their amount of revenue.
Before you begin
Create a new read & write API key.
Zapier offers a beta version of its AI-powered Zap builder. Click + Create Zap and try the prompt, “For every new unsubscriber in Mailchimp, add a custom attribute to a ChartMogul customer via email.” Follow the instructions below for additional configuration.
- Log into Zapier and go to ChartMogul Integrations. Next, enter Mailchimp and select the app from the list. Click Connect these apps.
- Click Untitled Zap and enter your Zap’s name. For example, Push Mailchimp unsubscribes to ChartMogul.
- Select 1. Mailchimp.
- Select New Unsubscriber under Event and click Continue.
- Connect your Mailchimp account by clicking Sign in. Enter your Mailchimp login credentials and click Allow.
- Click Continue.
- Select your Mailchimp Audience and click Continue.
- Click Test trigger to test your trigger.
- To configure your ChartMogul action, select Add a Custom Attribute to a Customer via Email under Event and click Continue.
- Click Sign in to connect your ChartMogul account.
- Link your ChartMogul account: enter your read & write API key found under Profile > View Profile > API keys in ChartMogul and click Yes, Continue to ChartMogul. Click Continue.
- For the Customer Email, select the email address field from the trigger.
- Select String as the custom attribute’s Type.
- Enter the Key (for example, NewsletterStatus) and Value (for example, Unsubscribed) and click Continue.
- Test your action by clicking Test step.
- Click Publish to activate your Zap.
When a customer unsubscribes in Mailchimp, Zapier will zap the value Unsubscribed to the custom attribute NewsletterStatus for the customer with the same email address in ChartMogul.
We’d love to hear how you use Zapier to automate integrations with ChartMogul. Write to us at email@example.com to share feedback and ideas for future integrations.