Integrating MailChimp to ChartMogul is useful to analyze your email communication with customers alongside your subscription metrics.
For example, if a customer unsubscribes from a newsletter in MailChimp, you could push this information to ChartMogul by adding custom attributes. You can then analyze how many customers are unsubscribing from your newsletter and their revenue contribution to determine whether to adjust your newsletter content and communication.
If you would like to easily turn on this Zap for your ChartMogul account, log in to your Zapier account and head over to https://zapier.com/apps/chartmogul/integrations then enter MailChimp and click on Try It.
If you would like to learn how to set up this Zap, then continue with this article. For a general introduction to the Zapier integration, please read Integrating ChartMogul with other apps using Zapier.
- Log into Zapier and click Make a Zap!.
- Select MailChimp as your trigger app and click New Unsubscriber as the trigger. Click Save + Continue when done.
- Connect your MailChimp account by clicking Connect an Account.
- In Edit Options, choose the MailChimp list that you want to watch, then click Continue.
- Click + Add a Step on the left menu, then select Action/Search.
- Select ChartMogul from the list of apps, then choose Add Custom Attribute to Customer. Finally, click Save + Continue.
- Link your ChartMogul account.
- Fill in the Custom Attribute Name, Custom Attribute Value, Field Type, and Customer Email.
Note: We do not need to insert any fields from MailChimp except the Customer Email for this use case. Depending on the app, trigger, and action, the fields available to dynamically insert may differ when you click Insert Fields.
- Name the Zap and turn it ON.
With this Zap active, whenever a user in your MailChimp campaign unsubscribes from the list, the Zap will run and add the value of Unsubscribed in the custom attribute NewsletterStatus for the same user in your ChartMogul account.
We'd love to hear how you use Zapier to automate integrations with ChartMogul. Please write to us at email@example.com if you'd like to share feedback and ideas for integrations.