Integrating MailChimp with ChartMogul is useful for analyzing your email communication with customers alongside your subscription metrics.
For example, if a customer unsubscribes from a newsletter in MailChimp, you could push this information to ChartMogul with custom attributes. You can then analyze how many customers are unsubscribing from your newsletter and their revenue contribution to determine whether to adjust your newsletter content and communication.
If you would like to easily turn on this Zap for your ChartMogul account, log in to your Zapier account and head over to https://zapier.com/apps/chartmogul/integrations then enter MailChimp and click Try It.
If you would like to learn how to set up this Zap, then continue with this article. For a general introduction to the Zapier integration, please read Integrating ChartMogul with other apps using Zapier.
- Log into Zapier and click + Create Zap.
- Select MailChimp as your trigger app and click New Unsubscriber as the trigger. Click Continue when done.
- Connect your MailChimp account by clicking Choose an account.
- In Set up trigger, choose the MailChimp audience that you want to watch, then click Continue.
- Click Action below, then select ChartMogul.
- Choose Add Custom Attribute to Customer via Email then click Continue.
- Link your ChartMogul account by entering your API key found under Profile > Admin > API Access manager in ChartMogul.
- Fill in the Custom Attribute Name, Custom Attribute Value, and Field Type as shown below. For the Customer Email, click the field and select the email address field from the trigger.
- Click Continue and turn the Zap ON.
With this Zap active, whenever a user in your MailChimp campaign unsubscribes from the list, the Zap will run and add the value of Unsubscribed in the custom attribute NewsletterStatus for user with the same email address in your ChartMogul account.
We'd love to hear how you use Zapier to automate integrations with ChartMogul. Please write to us at email@example.com if you'd like to share feedback and ideas for integrations.