Importing historical data
- Click the Data Platform icon on the left menu to navigate to the Data Platform tab.
- Add a source by clicking ADD A SOURCE button in the Sources section.
- Select Chargebee
- Once you select your source type, enter a name for your source and click on Next
2. On the next page, enter the subdomain for your Chargebee site and an API key:
- The subdomain of your Chargebee site URL can be found in the browser address bar when logged into your Chargebee account.
- You can generate an API key in your Chargebee account at Settings > Configure Chargebee > API keys. Click on Add API Key. Select Read-Only Key and choose All. Do not create a Full Access key.
- Enter the Chargebee subdomain and the generated API key into the ChartMogul source configuration page as shown below.
3. Finally, click IMPORT DATA to start the import from Chargebee. The import can take some time.
Add a webhook to enable real-time reporting
- You should now see a webhook URL generated and displayed on the same page just above the IMPORT DATA button. Copy this URL.
- Log in to your Chargebee dashboard and navigate to the Settings > Configure Chargebee > Webhooks page.
- Click Add new webhook, then paste your ChartMogul Webhook URL (copied in step 1 above) into the URL field, select V2 as the API Version, then click Create webhook.
Once this webhook is created, relevant changes in your Chargebee billing data will be automatically imported, processed, and reported in ChartMogul.
What you need to know:
- Our integration supports accounts that have Product Catalog 2.0 enabled. If you are on Product Catalog v1.0 and would like to upgrade to v2.0, please reach out to Chargebee support. Chargebee needs to enable old plans and add-ons endpoints that we require to properly reimport all of your data into ChartMogul. Otherwise, some historical data will be skipped during import.
- Since Chargebee doesn't keep subscription cancellation dates for longer than 90 days in the past, if a customer cancels and reactivates the same subscription 90 days before connecting your Chargebee account to ChartMogul, this churn and reactivation will not be reported in your ChartMogul MRR movements.
- The Chargebee integration tracks customer trials if setup in Chargebee. You can read about this here. Once payment is made by a trial customer, the existing customer is updated in ChartMogul. This allows you to track your trial to paid conversion rate.
- Partial payments of the same invoice are currently reported as duplicated full payments in the cash flow reports in ChartMogul. However, partial refunds are reported correctly.
- The ChartMogul integration currently imports metadata from your Chargebee account, but not custom fields. You can see the difference between the two in this article.
- The ChartMogul integration doesn't support a base plan with add-ons that have different service periods. This could result in incorrect MRR calculation.
- Chargebee add-ons will be rolled into the base plan when calculating the MRR. This means that a detailed list of purchased add-ons will not be visible on the subscriptions and transactions tables.
- When there are prorated changes to the add-ons but not on the base plan, this will be reflected as an increase or decrease in the subscription quantity within ChartMogul.
- When applying immediate prorated changes to a subscription, make sure that the option Apply prorated credits and charges is checked. Otherwise, mid-billing period prorated add-ons will be applied at the start of a customer's next billing period.
- The integration requires Chargebee to generate invoices for $0 subscriptions so we can properly report contractions from paid to free plans. Make sure that this setting is disabled in your Chargebee account.
- ChartMogul doesn't support advanced billing of subscriptions with add-ons.
- Chargebee API doesn't support unsubscribing from webhooks. Your Chargebee admin must manually remove the ChartMogul URL in your Chargebee account should you decide to cancel your ChartMogul account.
- Chargebee Calendar Billing feature is not currently supported in ChartMogul