Note: We are currently not selling new licenses for our Revenue Recognition product.
You can export your revenue recognition data in ChartMogul to a CSV file. Some uses of this can be as follows:
- Build tailored reports
- Keep a record outside of ChartMogul that can be stored with other accounting data
- Create a deferred revenue schedule for individual customers
There are two CSV export options for revenue recognition available on the Recognized revenue chart on the right-hand side above the data table.
Depending on the amount of data in your account, it might take a moment for the application to prepare your download.
Export (CSV) - Exports a high-level summary. Includes the following columns:
- date - The reporting period
- ytd_revenue_amount - Revenue that has been recognized so far
- ytd_revenue_customer_count - Number of customers comprising the recognized revenue as of the reporting period
- accumulated_deferred_amount - Total amount that has been invoiced up to the end of this period, but will only be recognized after this period
- accumulated_deferred_customer_count - Number of customers comprising the deferred revenue as of the reporting period
- net_cash_flow_amount - Cash received from paid invoices, offset by refunds. Revenues from subscriptions, one-time and metered charges are all included. Credit card/transaction fees are not deducted.
- net_cash_flow_customer_count - Number of customers comprising the net cash flow as of the reporting period
- recognized_amount - Revenue that was or will be recognized during the period. Corresponds to the value of goods and services provided during that period.
- recognized_customer_count - Number of customers comprising the recognized amount as of the reporting period
- percentage_change - The growth (or change) vs the previous interval on the graph.
Detailed Export (CSV) - Exports a detailed historical recognition schedule. This export includes the following columns:
- Customer Name - the name of the customer
- Customer ID - a unique customer ID
- Customer External ID - the external ID of customer
- Charge ID - the transaction ID
- Invoice ID - the invoice ID
- Charge Timestamp UTC - The UTC timestamp of the charge
- Charge Timestamp - The actual timestamp of the charge
- Invoice Timestamp UTC - The UTC timestamp of the invoice
- Invoice Timestamp - The actual timestamp of the invoice
- Payment / Refund - If the transaction is a payment or a refund
- Invoice Status - The status of the transaction, can be successful or failed
- Line Item ID - the transaction ID
- Line Item Name - Description of the line item transaction
- Line Item Type - The type of the transaction
- Service Period Start UTC - the UTC timestamp of the service period start date
- Service Period Start - the actual timestamp of the service period start date
- Service Period End UTC - the UTC timestamp of the service period end date
- Service Period End - the actual timestamp of the service period end date
- Line Item Value - the value of the line item
- Line Item Currency - the currency of the value
- Reporting Period - the reporting period the row belongs to
- Line Item Value in Reporting Period - the value of the line item in the current reporting period
- Recognition Status - The status of the item, can be recognized or deferred