ChartMogul classifies free trial customers, customers with a free subscription (or a 100% discount), and customers who have made only non-recurring payments as leads. There are four lead statuses: New Lead, Working Lead, Qualified Lead, and Unqualified Lead. Learn more about customer statuses.
Here’s what we cover in this article:
- Importing free trial customers from a supported billing system
- Importing free trial customers from other billing systems
- Metrics and segmentation
- Adding trial data to new customers
Importing free trial customers from a supported billing system
ChartMogul automatically imports lead and free trial data for the following supported billing systems:
- App Store Connect — ChartMogul imports lead dates when customers have their first transaction in App Store Connect. ChartMogul imports the Event Date as the free trial start date when the Subscription Offer Type is Free Trial in subscriber reports. Learn more.
- Braintree — Since Braintree doesn’t track the date a lead is created, ChartMogul calculates this by taking the first billing date, subtracting the trial interval, and adjusting the result to your time zone.
- Chargebee — The Chargebee integration tracks customer trials if they are set up in Chargebee. Learn more about Chargebee’s trial management. Once a trial customer makes a payment, the existing customer is updated in ChartMogul.
- GoCardless — ChartMogul imports the date a customer is created in GoCardless. ChartMogul does not import free trial start dates from GoCardless. Learn more.
- Google Play — When sending data via the Payloads URL. Read more.
- Recurly — Learn more about free trials.
- Stripe — ChartMogul imports free trial start dates. Subscriptions with a trial period do not require payment information. An invoice for $0 is created for the customer. Learn more about Stripe’s using trial periods on subscriptions.
Importing free trial customers from other billing systems
Add lead and free trial data to customers using one of the following methods:
Metrics and segmentation
Customers on a free trial or a free plan cannot be segmented by plan. Plan filters can only be used for customers who have made more than $0 in subscription payments.
Adding trial data to new customers
In Google Sheets:
In the user interface: