In case you're not aware, you can set up email notifications in ChartMogul that will allow you to receive emails for new businesses, churns, contractions or expansions of your customers. More about this in this article.
You can also route these notifications straight to your Slack channel to keep your team updated on your customers MRR movements. This tutorial outlines the steps to set this up utilising your Gmail account and Zapier.
Defining a label in Gmail
(from:(email@example.com) ("new customer") OR ("switched their subscription") OR ("customer churned") OR ("downgraded their subscription") OR ("upgrade") OR ("reactivation"))
Next, click the Create filter with this search link. On the next page of options, select Apply the label: and create a new label – let’s call it "ChartMogul Notifications"
Lastly, select Also apply filter to matching conversations, then go ahead and create it by clicking Create filter.
Setting up your Zap
1. Go to https://zapier.com and login your account
2. Click on Make a Zap
3. In Choose a Trigger App, select Gmail
4. For the trigger, choose New labeled email
5. Link your Gmail account
6. Select the label ChartMogul Notifications and click on continue
7. Click on Add a step on the left
8. Click on action/search then select Slack as the app
9. Choose Send channel message
10. Choose your Slack account
11. Select the channel where you want the message posted
12. In Message Text click on the + icon at the top right of the text area
13. Choose New labeled email then Subject
14. Press the + again
15. Select New labeled email then Raw Snippet
16. You can select Send as bot then add a bot name. This will be the name that will appear in Slack. Your page should look like this:
17. Click on Continue at the bottom
18. Send a test by clicking on Send test to Slack.
You should receive a Slack message in the selected channel that looks like this
You can add more details in the Slack message if you want simply by modifying the Message Text field.