Defining a label in Gmail
(from:(email@example.com) ("new customer") OR ("switched their subscription") OR ("customer churned") OR ("downgraded their subscription") OR ("upgrade") OR ("reactivation"))
Next, click the Create filter with this search link. On the next page of options, select Apply the label: and create a new label – let’s call it "ChartMogul Notifications."
Lastly, select Also apply filter to matching conversations, then go ahead and create it by clicking Create filter.
Setting up your Zap
- Go to https://zapier.com and log in your account.
- Click on Make a Zap.
- In Choose a Trigger App, select Gmail.
- For the trigger, choose New labeled email.
- Link your Gmail account.
- Select the label ChartMogul Notifications and click on Continue.
- Click Add a step.
- Click action/search then select Slack as the app.
- Choose Send channel message.
- Choose your Slack account.
- Select the channel where you want the message posted.
- In Message Text click the + icon at the top right of the text area.
- Choose New labeled email then Subject.
- Press the + again.
- Select New labeled email then Raw Snippet.
- You can select Send as bot then add a bot name. This will be the name that will appear in Slack. Your page should look like this:
- Click Continue.
- Send a test by clicking Send test to Slack.
You should receive a Slack message in the selected channel that looks like this:
You can add more details in the Slack message by modifying the Message Text field.