Slack has the following limitations to consider when using webhooks to send data:
- Slack can't process nested JSON objects, therefore no information about the customer is available in Slack webhook messages
- Slack can't process numeric fields
These limitations lead to Slack messages containing a limited amount of details. An example of a Slack message sent using webhooks would be:
mrr_movement happened in your ChartMogul account. Movement type is expansion. It happened on the date: 2020-10-28T08:47:07.000Z. Customer purchased the Platinum Plan - Platinum Plan Monthly (USD) plan.
This tutorial outlines the steps to set up Slack workflow to receive a webhooks payload.
Create Slack channel to send webhooks
Set the name of the channel #webhooks-mrr and press ‘Create’.
If you want to change the channel that webhooks are sent to after setting this up initially, please see these Slack instructions on how to change it in Workflow setup.
Create Slack Workflow
Use your Slack account for steps 1-7.
1. Download Workflow configuration file: https://chartmogul.zendesk.com/hc/article_attachments/360018135519/chart_mogul_webhooks_mrr.slackworkflow
2. Go to workflow builder and click to Import workflow: https://app.slack.com/workflow-builder/T03QQBGEP/
3. Locate a workflow file in your file system
4. Confirm the name of the Workflow
6. Publish the workflow
7. Copy the URL
8. Use URL above as Webhooks Endpoint in your ChartMogul account, for exact steps visit: https://help.chartmogul.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017053460