You'll need to have a ChartMogul CRM seat to view this report. Learn more.
Forecast Category Report is an overview of new MRR in each forecast category by opportunity owner. This report is most useful for sales leadership, who can use the forecast to:
- Manage their team’s qualified sales pipeline
- Analyze trends in their team’s performance
- Identify and solve for gaps in sales processes and resources
ChartMogul offers three forecast categories:
- Pipeline — early stage opportunities with a low likelihood of closing in the current forecast period.
- Best Case — opportunities with a demonstrated need for your product or service that have a good chance of closing by their close date.
- Committed — highly qualified opportunities with a high chance of closing by their close date.
Forecast Category Report forecasts the amount of new MRR in each forecast category by opportunity owner. It helps sales leaders manage and analyze their team’s pipeline and performance.
Before you begin
- You’ll need to have at least one sales pipeline. Learn more about setting up sales pipelines.
- You’ll need to have at least one opportunity. Learn more about creating and managing opportunities.
Reading a Forecast Category Report
Access the Forecast Categories Report by navigating to Reports > Forecasts > Forecast Category Report.
The report is a snapshot of the opportunity MRR for each forecast category by opportunity owner.
Each column is a month.
Each row is an opportunity owner.
Each cell shows the total opportunity MRR belonging to each opportunity owner in the month.
- Only opportunities with the Value type MRR contribute to this chart. One-time opportunities are excluded.
- The Total row in each month is the same as the Total row in Deal Stage Probability.
Configuring your forecast
Use the Month Ending date picker to choose how far into the future you’d like to see.
The month of an opportunity’s Estimated Close is the month it contributes to in the report.
Select a cell to view open opportunities for that month in the Opportunities table.
Export the forecast as CSV by clicking EXPORT (CSV).
- See the total amount of MRR from subscribers with Monthly Recurring Revenue (MRR).