If you’re new to ChartMogul CRM, review our setup guide.
Each sales opportunity represents a potential new source of revenue. Generally speaking, there are two types of opportunities:
- A qualified lead who has the potential to become a new subscriber.
- A current subscriber who’s interested in additional products/services or is in the process of renewing their contract.
Opportunities go through a number of deal stages during the sales process. These stages are defined in the sales pipeline.
As an opportunity progresses in your sales process, update its deal stage for accurate tracking and reporting. It’s important to track opportunities to keep the sales process consistent at your organization, so each salesperson is following the steps defined in the sales pipeline.
View and manage all opportunities by navigating to Opportunities.
Watch a video about creating and managing opportunities:
Here’s what we cover in this article:
What’s the difference between a lead and an opportunity?
A lead is an individual or company who enters the top of your sales funnel by interacting with your business, for example, when they attend an event, download content, or sign up for your email list. Not all leads become opportunities. Only leads you deem qualified to buy your product/service become opportunities.
Before you begin
- Before creating your first opportunity, you’ll need to set up your sales pipelines.
- Learn more about default saved customer lists, including lists for managing leads.
Creating an opportunity
To create an opportunity, navigate to Customers and select a customer record. Click Add Opportunity and complete the following details. Once complete, click Save.
|The primary salesperson responsible for the opportunity.
|The sales cycle the opportunity will go through.
|The current deal stage for the opportunity.
|The date when you expect the prospect or customer to agree to purchase your product/service.
|The revenue you expect to win from an opportunity.
|The likelihood (as a percentage) you’ll successfully close the opportunity. Use the default value for the deal stage or enter a new value here. An opportunity’s Win Likelihood is multiplied by its Value for the Deal Stage Probability forecast.
The opportunity’s grouping based on its likelihood of closing, used to track forecasted MRR. Use the default category for this stage or select one here.
Updating an opportunity
To update an opportunity, navigate to Customers and select the customer record. Or, navigate to Opportunities and select the opportunity to view the customer record. Click the Edit icon and update any fields. Then, click Save.
Deleting an opportunity
To update an opportunity, navigate to Customers and select the customer record. Or, navigate to Opportunities and select the opportunity to view the customer record. Click the Ellipse icon and select Delete Opportunity.
ChartMogul offers default lists for managing opportunities. Learn more about default saved customer lists.
Organize opportunities for yourself and your team with lists.
ChartMogul provides the following Saved Lists:
- All active opportunities — Opportunities in stages except Closed Won or Closed Lost.
- All won opportunities — Opportunities in the Closed Won stage.
- All lost opportunities — Opportunities in the Closed Lost stage.
- All my opportunities — Opportunities with you as the owner.
- My active opportunities — Opportunities with you as the owner in stages except Closed Won or Closed Lost.
- My won opportunities — Closed Won opportunities with you as the owner.
- My lost opportunities — Closed Lost opportunities with you as the owner.
To create an opportunity list:
- Add one or more filters:
- Click Edit Columns to select the columns and custom attributes you want to include in your list.
- Click Save List.
- Name your list in the Name field.
- Select who should see your chart: Just me, Users with a CRM seat, or Entire team.
- Click Save.
ChartMogul creates your list and adds it to Saved Lists.