Customer attributes are data points that can be used to filter and segment your customers. They can be metrics ChartMogul generates like MRR, tags that you add to customer profiles or custom attributes you can add using the Enrichment API or Google Sheets app.
Tags and custom attributes are visible on customer profiles in ChartMogul.
- Default attributes
- Attributes from Stripe metadata
- Adding attributes using Zapier
- Adding attributes using the Enrichment API
- Adding attributes from a Google Sheet
- Editing attributes
- Managing custom attributes
The default attributes that are available for use with Segmentation are:
- MRR (Current) - Customer's current Monthly Recurring Revenue.
- MRR (if cancelled uses MRR before churn) - Customer’s current MRR, or their MRR at time of last cancellation.
- Currency - Customer's billing currency.
- Data source - The data source the customer is associated with.
- Lead created at - The date a lead was created on.
- Free trial started at - The date the free trial was initiated on.
- Customer since - Date when the customer first converted to a paid subscriber.
- Trial to-paid in days - Numbers of days it took for a trial to convert to a paid account.
- Has discount - Whether or not the customer currently has a discount/coupon.
- Subscription quantity - Number of seats/licenses that the customer is subscribed to.
- # of active subscriptions - Number of active subscriptions the customer has.
- Last payment - Date on which the last payment was made by the customer.
- Next payment - Date on which the next payment is due from the customer.
- Status - Status of the customer, e.g. Active, Cancelled or Lead.
- MRR expanded - Date on which the MRR of the customer increased.
- MRR contracted - Date on which the MRR of the customer decreased.
- Churned - Date on which the customer cancelled.
- Reactivated - Date on which the customer reactivated a previously cancelled subscription.
- Didn't cancel within N days of purchase - Filters out customers who cancelled within N number of days from initial purchase.
Attributes from Stripe metadata
For customers using Stripe, we automatically pull in any metadata that you add to your customers in your Stripe account.
Adding attributes using Zapier
Zapier is a platform which enables you to connect the services you use together, save time, and get more value from your data.
Our Zapier integration allows you to connect ChartMogul with 500+ apps on the Zapier platform like HubSpot, Pipedrive, Intercom, Close.io, and more. You can enrich your customer information with Sales, Marketing and Customer Success metadata from the other services you use, allowing for rich segmentation features. You can get started by using one of our shared zaps, or building your own.
Adding attributes using the Enrichment API
You can send customer attributes from any tool that you use for marketing, CRM, or even your own database.
For step-by-step instructions on how to push customer attributes to ChartMogul via the API, please read this tutorial.
If you have suggestions for specific integrations or would like to tell us how you used our Enrichment API, we'd love to hear from you at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Adding attributes from a Google sheet
The ChartMogul Google Sheets app allows you to add attributes to your customers directly from Google Sheets.
You can edit an existing attribute from a customer's profile page by clicking on Edit next to the attribute you want to change.
Managing custom attributes
To manage your attributes please head to Admin > Attributes
In the attributes manager you can see the following data:
- Name of attribute
- Data type
- # of customers using the attribute
- When the attribute was last updated
- Who updated the attribute last
You can retire an attribute you don't want to use any longer by clicking on the Archive button on the right. This will remove the attribute from the customer profile page as well as the segmentation filter. Archived attributes will be moved to the bottom of the list.
You can revive a retired attribute by clicking on the Unarchive button.