Subscription Quantity charts the number of subscription seats or licenses your customers have over time.
If you don't sell subscriptions with licenses or seats (or your billing system doesn't support subscription quantities), this chart will appear the same as Subscriptions.
Subscriptions vs. Subscription Quantity
If your company sells individual licenses or seats, it's important to understand the difference between Subscriptions and Subscription Quantity.
Subscriptions are specific instances of plans your customers have subscribed to, whereas Subscription Quantity is the number of these subscriptions.
For example, Syncalytics subscribes to four Gold plans and five Silver plans. They have two subscriptions (1 x Gold + 1 x Silver) with a subscription quantity of nine (4 x Gold + 5 x Silver).
If your company doesn't sell licenses or seats (or your billing system doesn't support subscription quantities), then Quantity Churn Rate will represent the rate at which you lose whole subscriptions.
- ChartMogul uses
Quantityfrom an invoice line item to define a subscription's quantity.
- Only Active and Past due subscriptions contribute to this chart. Learn more about subscription statuses.
- Subscriptions remain active until either they are canceled in your billing system or churn as a result of the Auto-churn of Delinquent Subscriptions setting.
- The number of subscriptions can be higher than your number of subscribers, as a subscriber can have multiple subscriptions.
- The Free Customer Handling setting determines whether ChartMogul continues to classify subscriptions downgraded from a paid to a free plan as Active.
The Chart Data table for Subscription Quantity works differently than other charts. It breaks down the aggregate metric as follows:
- Quantity Increase — The number of subscription licenses or seats added in the period.
- Quantity Decrease — The number of subscription licenses or seats lost in the period.
- Net Change — Quantity Increase minus Quantity Decrease.
- Subscriptions Quantity — The total number of subscription licenses or seats at the end of the period.
- Change — The increase or decrease in Subscriptions Quantity from the previous period, shown as a percentage.
Select a Quantity Increase, Quantity Decrease, or Net Change cell to see subscription activities in the period.