Importing historic data
- Go to Admin > Data sources on your ChartMogul account, click on the New Data Source link, give the data source a name of your choice, and choose Chargebee as the system.
2. In the next page, enter the subdomain for your Chargebee site, and an API key:
- The subdomain of your Chargebee site URL can be found in the browser address bar when logged into your Chargebee account.
- You can generate an API key in your Chargebee account at Settings > Configure Chargebee > API keys. Click on Add API Key. When generating a Chargebee API key, enable "Read Transactional Data" and "Read Product Configuration" only. Do not enable "Full Access". For additional security, enable "Exclude card object from webhook call".
- Copy and paste the Chargebee subdomain and the generated API key into the ChartMogul data source configuration page as shown below.
3. Finally, click IMPORT DATA to start the import from Chargebee. The import can take some time.
Add a webhook to enable real-time reporting
- You should now see a webhook URL generated and displayed in the same page just above the IMPORT DATA button. Copy this URL.
- Log in to your Chargebee dashboard and navigate to the Settings > Configure Chargebee > Webhooks page.
- Click Add new webhook, then paste your ChartMogul Webhook URL (copied in step 1 above) into the URL field, select V2 as the API Version, then click Create webhook.
Once this webhook is created, relevant changes in your Chargebee billing data will be automatically imported, processed and reported in ChartMogul.
What you need to know:
- Mid-billing period prorated addons will be applied at the start of a customer's next billing period.
- Since Chargebee doesn't keep subscription cancellation dates for longer than 90 days in the past, if a customer cancels and reactivates the same subscription 90 days before connecting your Chargebee account to ChartMogul, this churn and reactivation will not be reported in your ChartMogul MRR movements.
- The Chargebee integration tracks customer trials if setup in Chargebee. You can read about this here. Once payment is made by a trial customer, the existing customer is updated in ChartMogul. This allows you to track your trial to paid conversion rate.
- Partial payments of the same invoice are currently reported as duplicated full payments in the cashflow reports in ChartMogul. However, partial refunds are reported correctly.