ChartMogul allows you to import previously deleted Stripe customers. This option is for users who delete customer data in Stripe to comply with GDPR.
ChartMogul will either automatically delete or anonymize the customer, depending on the setting you select.
If you didn't select this option when setting up your Stripe data source, here's how to enable it:
- Navigate to Data Platform > Data Sources and locate your Stripe data source.
- Click the icon.
- Select Include deleted customers in Stripe.
- Click Re-sync Data to apply the changes.
What you need to know
When Include deleted customers in Stripe is enabled:
- ChartMogul imports customers previously deleted in Stripe and anonymizes the data so no personally identifiable information is stored in our platform.
- When you delete a customer in Stripe that already exists in ChartMogul, the customer remains in ChartMogul. However, ChartMogul cancels the customer’s active subscriptions and removes any personally identifiable information (such as name, company, email, or address). However, custom attributes will remain.
- ChartMogul adds a deleted_customer_in_stripe tag to deleted customers in Stripe.
- ChartMogul uses Stripe’s Events API to retrieve deleted customer data. Stripe doesn’t allow events older than 30 days to be retrieved. Because of this, ChartMogul won’t import customers deleted more than 30 days ago.
When Include deleted customers in Stripe is not enabled:
- ChartMogul does not import customers previously deleted in Stripe.
- ChartMogul deletes the customer (including custom attributes) when it is deleted in Stripe.
- If a deleted customer in Stripe is merged, the customer will not be deleted in ChartMogul. However, ChartMogul will remove any invoices and transactions related to the deleted customer.
If you decide to change the configuration of Include deleted customers in Stripe, you will need to re-sync your Stripe data source.