Tags are keywords or terms that help you classify and group customers in ChartMogul. In this article, we review how to add tags, filter lists and reports using them, and how you can use the Tags Manager to rename and delete tags.
Tags are easy to add. First, find a customer you’d like to tag, then use the Tags field to add the tag to that customer.
The Tags field allows you to select from a list of tags you previously created or create a new tag and add it to the customer. To create a new tag, type it into the Tags field and press Enter or Return. You can then select this tag from the list ChartMogul displays when adding tags to other customers.
In some instances, ChartMogul adds these tags to customers:
- merged-customer — added to the surviving customer record resulting from a merge.
- auto-churned-delinquent-subscriptions — added to a customer whose subscription has been canceled as a result of your delinquent subscriptions handling setting. ChartMogul keeps this tag in place even if the customer later reactivates their subscription.
- deleted_customer_in_stripe — added to a customer that has been deleted in Stripe.
There are five operators you can use when filtering customers using tags. The operators determine whether a customer is included or not in your list or report.
- has at least one of — includes customers with at least one of the selected tags
- has none of — includes customers without any of the selected tags
- has all of — includes customers with all of the selected tags, including those with tags other than the ones you’ve selected
- Is present — includes customers with any tag
- is not present — includes customers with no tags
ChartMogul’s Tags Manager provides an overview of the tags you’ve added to customers and allows you to rename and delete tags.
The Tags Manager shows how many customers currently have a particular tag, who last used the tag, and when they last used it. Click the total in the Customers column to see a list of customers with that tag.
To rename a tag, click the Edit icon. ChartMogul will then update customers with this tag.
After renaming a tag in the Tags Manager, you’ll also need to manually update any segments you've saved that use the tag. You can do this by editing the segment.
Click the Delete icon to remove the tag from all customers. This action is irreversible.