ChartMogul allows you to export MRR movement, customers, custom attributes, and tags to Microsoft Azure Blob Storage. From there, you can send your data to a data warehouse and combine it with other datasets for further analysis.
Here’s what we cover in this article:
- Creating a storage account
- Creating a blob container
- Accessing your keys
- Adding Azure Blob Storage as a destination
Resources and further reading:
Before you begin
Please review the following details before completing the steps outlined in this article.
- You’ll need to prepare your Azure environment, which includes setting up your Subscription and Resource group. Please review the Azure setup guide.
- You'll need to decide which format you'd like ChartMogul to send data, either as a
gzipcompressed CSV (according to RFC4180) or using the parquet data storage format (with Snappy compression in parts of 50,000 records per part).
Step 1 — Create an Azure storage account
- Within Microsoft Azure, navigate to Storage accounts.
- Click + Create.
- Select the Subscription and Resource group you’ll be using for ChartMogul.
- Enter a name for the storage account, e.g., ChartMogul, in the Storage account name field.
- Choose where you’d like to store your data by selecting the location from the Region drop-down.
- Complete any additional setup options you may need, then click Create to begin deploying your storage account.
Step 2 — Create a Blob container
- Once your storage account deployment is complete, click Go to resource.
- Navigate to Storage browser (preview) > Blob containers.
- Click + Add container.
- Enter a name for the container in the Name field and click Create.
Step 3 — Access your keys
- Within your storage account, navigate to Security + networking > Access keys.
- Click Show keys.
- Copy the Connection string to your clipboard.
Step 4 — Add Azure Blob Storage as a destination
Finally, add your Microsoft Azure Blob Storage as a destination in ChartMogul.
- With ChartMogul, navigate to Data Platform > Destinations.
- Click ADD DESTINATION and select Azure Blob Storage.
- Enter a unique name for your destination in the Name field.
- Choose how often you’d like ChartMogul to export data to your container, either:
- Daily (9:00 UTC each day),
- Weekly (9:00 UTC each Sunday), or
- Monthly (9:00 UTC on the first day of each month).
- Choose the datasets you'd like to export:
- Tags, or
- Custom attributes.
- Parquet, or
ChartMogul will perform a test connection and, if successful, add your Azure Blob Storage container as a new destination.