You’ll need to be a Staff or Admin user in ChartMogul and Microsoft Azure to complete the steps outlined in this article. Read more about user roles and permissions.
ChartMogul allows you to export MRR movement, customers, custom attributes, and tags to Microsoft Azure Blob Storage. From there, you can send your data to a data warehouse and combine it with other datasets for further analysis.
Here’s what we cover in this article:
- Creating a storage account
- Creating a blob container
- Accessing your keys
- Adding Azure Blob Storage as a destination
Resources and further reading:
Before you begin
Please review the following details before completing the steps outlined in this article.
- You’ll need to prepare your Azure environment, which includes setting up your Subscription and Resource group. Please review the Azure setup guide.
- You'll need to decide which format you'd like ChartMogul to send data, either as a
gzipcompressed CSV (according to RFC4180) or using the parquet data storage format (with Snappy compression in parts of 50,000 records per part).
Step 1 — Create an Azure storage account
- Within Microsoft Azure, navigate to Storage accounts.
- Click + Create.
- Select the Subscription and Resource group you’ll be using for ChartMogul.
- Enter a name for the storage account, e.g., ChartMogul, in the Storage account name field.
- Choose where you’d like to store your data by selecting the location from the Region drop-down.
- Complete any additional setup options you may need, then click Create to begin deploying your storage account.
Step 2 — Create a Blob container
- Once your storage account deployment is complete, click Go to resource.
- Navigate to Storage browser (preview) > Blob containers.
- Click + Add container.
- Enter a name for the container in the Name field and click Create.
Step 3 — Access your keys
- Within your storage account, navigate to Security + networking > Access keys.
- Click Show keys.
- Copy the Connection string to your clipboard.
Step 4 — Add Azure Blob Storage as a destination
Finally, add your Microsoft Azure Blob Storage as a destination in ChartMogul.
- With ChartMogul, navigate to Data Platform > Destinations.
- Click ADD DESTINATION and select Azure Blob Storage.
- Enter a unique name for your destination in the Name field.
- Choose how often you’d like ChartMogul to export data to your container, either:
- Daily (9:00 UTC each day),
- Weekly (9:00 UTC each Sunday), or
- Monthly (9:00 UTC on the first day of each month).
- Choose the datasets you'd like to export:
- Custom attributes, or
- Currency rates
- Parquet, or
ChartMogul will perform a test connection and, if successful, add your Azure Blob Storage container as a new destination.