You’ll need to be a Staff or Admin user in ChartMogul to complete the steps outlined in this article. Read more about user roles and permissions.
To easily share company updates with your entire team, ChartMogul allows you to send real-time MRR updates as well as daily, weekly, and monthly MRR recaps (summaries) to Slack.
Resources and further reading:
Before you begin
Please review the following details before completing the steps outlined in this article.
- ChartMogul sends either real-time MRR updates or daily/weekly/monthly summaries of your MRR movements to Slack.
- Real-time updates send each MRR movement to Slack as they occur in ChartMogul as well as any custom attributes you configure.
- Daily, weekly, and monthly summaries show the net impact of all MRR movements within the period as well as the largest MRR gains and losses.
Adding Slack as a destination
- Navigate to Data Platform > Data Output > Destinations.
- Click ADD DESTINATION and select Slack.
- Enter a unique name for your destination in the Name field, then click NEXT.
- Authenticate by clicking CONNECT SLACK. You’ll then be redirected to your Slack account, where you’ll be asked to Allow access to your Slack workspace.
- Choose how often you’d like ChartMogul to send MRR updates to Slack, either:
- Daily (9:00 UTC each day),
- Weekly (9:00 UTC each Monday), or
- Monthly (9:00 UTC on the first day of each month).
- Select which Slack channel(s) you’d like ChartMogul to use when sharing updates.
- Configure any Custom attributes ChartMogul should include in the real-time messages it shares to Slack.
- Click SAVE.
ChartMogul will begin sharing MRR updates to the channels you’ve selected based on the frequency you’ve chosen. To send updates at multiple frequencies, add multiple Slack destinations.
Deleting Slack as a destination
To delete a Slack destination, navigate to Data Platform > . Find your destination in the list and click the Settings icon. From there, click DELETE.
ChartMogul will stop sending the MRR updates configured as part of this destination.