Destinations allow you to make meaningful use of your data outside of ChartMogul. For example:
- Send MRR activities to your data warehouse to track plan switches
- Train an AI model on your MRR data to predict future MRR movements
- Send ChartMogul data to your business’ marketing, sales, or support tools
- Keep your team in the loop by sharing MRR updates on Slack
- Export and email ChartMogul data on a scheduled basis
Here’s what we cover in this article:
Before you begin
- Learn about MRR movements.
- Familiarize yourself with customer and subscription statuses in ChartMogul.
- Learn how to use tags and custom attributes.
ChartMogul allows you to send data to the following destinations:
- Data warehousing solutions:
- Object storage services:
Learn more about the available destinations on our Developer Hub.
For most destinations, ChartMogul allows you to send two types of data: source data and calculated data. Source data is imported from your billing system and transformed to ChartMogul’s data model. Calculated data is metrics and calculations from your ChartMogul account. This includes:
- Currency rates — exchange rates used to convert amounts in foreign currencies
- Custom attributes — additional data points that help you with search, filtering, and segmentation, such as the marketing campaign used to acquire a customer or the name of their account manager
- Tags — keywords that help you classify and group customers in ChartMogul, for instance,
- MRR activities, including MRR movement types (New Business, Expansion, Contraction, Churn, or Reactivation), amounts, and descriptions
Read a detailed reference of the available datasets on our Developer Hub.
Customers can be sent as source data or calculated data. Customers sent as source data includes information from the customer record that is created when ChartMogul imports the customer from your billing system, such as name, email, country, and ChartMogul ID (UUID). Customers sent as calculated data includes basic customer details as well as data from your ChartMogul account such as customer names, monthly recurring revenue (MRR), annual run rate (ARR), net payments, or customer statuses.
Here’s a breakdown of available datasets by destination:
|Destination type||Available datasets|
|Amazon Redshift, Amazon S3, Azure Blob Storage, Google BigQuery, Google Cloud Storage, Snowflake||Source Data
Adding a destination
To add a destination, follow the instructions for your destination type:
- Amazon Redshift
- Amazon S3
- Azure Blob Storage
- Google BigQuery
- Google Cloud Storage
Add and manage destinations by navigating to Data Platform > Destinations.
Deleting a destination
Deleting a destination is permanent and cannot be undone.
To delete a destination:
- Navigate to Data Platform > Destinations.
- Find your destination in the list and click the Settings icon.
- Click Delete.
ChartMogul will stop sending updates configured as part of this destination.